Saturday, February 2, 2008

Double Plus Good


It's been a rough couple of weeks. I think I stepped into some kind of Orwellian vortex where people who don't know much are trying to take over the world.

I was accused of pushing an anti-war agenda in my classroom and of squelching dissenting voices. The accusation was based not on complaints, not on concerns, not even on the cycles of the moon; rather, it was based on a book selection that I made for my senior Communications class. Bruce Weigl's Song of Napalm is the offending book. Actually, the book wasn't the problem. The title was. Neither accuser read the book. I'll spare you the details of the confrontation, but you can rest easy knowing that I won the right to use the book in the classroom. Woo Hoo! Knowledge remains safely in the hands of everybody.

You know, this is not the first time that I have been accused of being a liberal. Apparently, not everybody has seen me drink tea out of my Ronald Reagan mug. I guess I should be flattered.




1 comment:

Colin Rambo! said...

yea, their are alot of people that complain in this world. Oh well, i thought stuff we went over was sweet!