Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Vestal Apocalypse

The power went out across Vestal yesterday afternoon and chaos ensued. Stores shut down; movies stopped; traffic snarled. People also got stupid. I was about to exit the Vestal Plaza when suddenly the two cars in front of me stopped. A woman got out of the first car and decided to chat with the person in the second car. As a result, the rest of us couldn't get out. People, honestly, deal with it. A little stress and all common sense goes out the window.

5 comments:

Ellis Island said...

That must have been frustrating. And I didn't even know there was a blackout! Was it long?

Samantha Schoonmaker said...

wow I live right near the bridge into vestal and didn't even know this happened....why did it happen??

ilove64crayons said...

i was at work and people were in mad chaos buying un-Godly amounts of food and our computers were slow so everything took forever

lizayouloveit said...

I bet Old Navy didn't shut down, they don't shut down for anything hahaha. Poor people that had to work yesterday. But I understand what you mean by this post, one thing happens and seems to throw things off just a little and people act like the world is ending and they lose their minds.

Ps- Consider my grammar mistake fixed =]

Anne MUH-ree! said...

oh my god it was complete chaos!
i was trying to buy something at michael's and it was literally pitch black in there everything was shut down. nutss!!!!!!!!!!