Sunday, March 16, 2008

Doomsday

I saw Doomsday Saturday night. My review: "Stupid, but entertaining."

The girl looks like Kate Beckinsale, but she's not. The soundtrack is a 1980's funfest: Siouxsie and The Banshees, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Fine Young Cannibals and more. The whacked out vehicles and weirdos remind me of Mad Max. The plot is nothing new. Government betrays its people; plague survivors rise from the ashes; new "tribes" behave like savages (aka "survival of the fittest"); government gets its come-uppance in the end.

3 comments:

lizayouloveit said...

Interesting, very interesting. I saw Horton Hears A Who friday it was so cute and really funny =]

Derick said...

I seen the previews for Doomsday and it didn't look like that great of a movie.

samyer2 said...

Looks like a great movie. Also there's a song I've been listening to called "Doomsday" by Atreyu. It's pretty good, if you like metal. LoL